Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Affirmation: I trust in the process that leads my family to a location and activities that will be best for us. I am greatful for the Creator's connections for our future, and for all the good people we have met in the Santa Rosa area.

I am grateful for the gifts of the Creator within and without.

I enjoy the freedom, clarity and confidence of taking care of my happiness and heart longings.

I enjoy the freedom of taking care of my emotions, and containing, expressing, comforting and/or balancing them according to the needs of the moment.

I say yes to this life here. Even though I suffer at times with the pain of not knowing how to negotiate some communication with others or with ego stumbles or lack of confidence, I totally love and accept myself.

I say yes to apple blossoms.

Thanks for visiting here!

Journal: The first affimation is trusting when I am seeking to make all sorts of arrangements becuase I have an option to stay in the Santa Rosa area for an additional eight weeks or return to San Pedro and L.A. and need to decide by tomorrow. I trust. I trust my Spirit, my emotions, my body, my breath, this universe amongst the millions of universes, the Source of apple blossoms, and your power to create affirmations too.

I continue to trust when I stop trusting.

_____________________________

I thought one of my posts had slid through the cracks, but I by accident had posted it under Body Blessing. Here it is. (A recent one written to replace it has some similar and some different content).

Even though I woke up to a disturbing dream, and was a tad discombobulated, feeling pressure to do too much that I didn't get done, I totally accept and love myself.I totally need to give credit for this affirmation to a therapist Michelle Barone (forgive possible misspelling) who works a lot with home-schooling families who shared this style of affirmation at a conference. She learned it from a group called EFT started by Gary Craig. The basic format is: Even though__________________ (fill in the blanks)I still totally accept and love myself.This brings in the Jewish principle that the greatest spirituality is in bringing the highest consciousness to the lowest level. The Jungians also fish for the dark spots, for the deaths that then brink re-births.

Frank Corner*I love affirmations that reduce the shame level in the bank that is me.I especially accept and love myself when I make mistakes.*

*Following My Heart: Ah. I went with my daughter to buy her birthday gift for me to Beverly Crafts: calligraphy pens of gorgeous yellow-orange, teal, ocean blue, gold leaf, and a drawing pad. This morning Iwent into the bathroom - because it's the only private place for me in this house, and totally organized my Creativity Box, the box where I keep my calligraphy pens and pastels and oil pastels. I cleaned the little plastic sections, and took out pens that are mediocre or that I don't use. Then I created a border for a journal page.

Later I took a walk in the orchard, and saw a baby bee drinking in the pollen of a blossom. The blossoms reveal just where they are, and I noticed if I move closer towards them I enjoy them more. I think there is some parallel between this and the pause/the moment of reflection that lets you taste food, and go deeper in contemplation or prayer. At our house it is the fence that slowly opens when your car pulls up or out, making you pause. I look forward to you sharing your affirmation deposits and any journalling on them in the comment section. Perhaps one day I'll get more technoloically savvy or ask someone who is for another format where others'affirmations can be displayed more visibly.

Disclaimer: my notes are not designed like essays, and words will not always have the typical spellings, and there will not always be themes and then proper transitions. It is more of a flow, like walking this way and that among the apple trees taking in the branch full with blossoms, and the one with some blossoms and pink and white striped bulging buds, and then stopping at the new baby tree that has plastic wire protecting it. I often write while walking or after. Frankly, I think I identify with the buds at this point. I totally love and accept myself even though this blog is not perfect or in the perfect format as yet. I also have limited computer time now.Good night. Thanks for visiting. I am trying to keep the momentum of writing here every day despite limited time.

No comments: