Monday, April 28, 2008

Enthusiastic to See Your Affirmations

Mystical Judaism has a saying about the height of spirituality being bringing the highest consciousness to the lowest levels. Jungian psychology, in a similar way, invites people to embrace their dark places inside, and even to fish for them.

In this spirit, I will share with you the affirmation that Michele Barone shared at a homeschooling conference, and which she learned from Gary Craig who teaches a healing technique called EFT.

The affirmation is: Even though ___________________ (fill in the blanks) I totally love and accept myself.

Even though I didn't get to all my cases at work today, I totally love and accept myself.

Frank Note* I like affirmations that reduce and/or eliminate shame, like this one does.


As you may know:

You can say affirmations while looking at yourself in a mirror.
One way to work with them is to write the affirmation on one side of a page, and right the resistances to the affirmation on the other, then write the affirmation again, then write resistance, etc... until the resistances run out and the affirmation starts feeling right.


Looking forward to seeing your affirmations. Please feel free to make deposits in the comments section, to journal there about interest you are receiving on your affirmations, and to comment on anything you read here. And feel free to make as many withdrawals as you want.

No comments: