Thursday, May 1, 2008

Lush Bodies, Lush Hearts

A note about lush (large) women.

Today a lush (large) woman introduced herself to me and asked who I was. She was a nurse on a unit I'm working on as a travelers social worker.

I have a secret theory that I will tell you. It is that large women are a hidden mine of generosity and goodness. I once was invited to a luncheon honoring volunteers at my daughters school - she was then in second grade. I was surprised to see that most of them were large.

Large women enjoy the sensuality of food. Though this is all generalization... they may enjoy their laughter, enjoy their friends, and give in big ways. I am not the society's norm of the thin woman, and I'd like to take a moment to honor the large heart of a large, lush, radiant woman.

Images: A lush rug, comfy, cozy, comfortable.
A warm hug
A hearty laugh

I am open to the surprise goodness and beauty in people that don't fit societal norms of beauty - today especially honoring women larger than the U.S. societal norm.

I want to take a moment to honor men who love large women in various cultures around the world. Perhaps they have discovered what I suspect. L'Chaim to Large Women.

Frank Corner*

I suspect that in honoring and accepting my lush body that I can let go of weight I don't want.

To my body, after closing my eyes and breathing deep: I love you with all of your perfections and imperfections.

I welcome you to comment with affirmation you make up, use, that make you smile inside!

No comments: