Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Welcoming Your Affirmations

What are your affirmations that help you, and/or make you laugh?

When I wrote recently here that my work was almost impossible, I realized that that was no affirmation. I started to ask the supervisor and a colleague for training and material to make me more solid inthe areas of my work that I had less knowledge in so that I can be more confident about offering an excellent job. Felt a little vulnerable doing that - but it's honest and helps me grow. I am seeing that my thoughts about my day, and my communications with my daughter are all either in the realm of affirmation - positive, or can spiral into risky territory, especially when I am tired. It takes awareness to consciously choose thoughts that are more positive. As talked about in tapes by Anthony Robbins, I'm selecting what I think about in the morning when I first wake up, such as choosing to think about my calligraphy which is a passion I feel enthusiastic about.

Today I had set an intention for an excellent day where I felt harmonious with staff. May all the staff I worked with and clients of the hospital I worked with be happy and well cared for.

I'm working on some visualizations for the next place where I plan to live as this temporary assignment in Santa Rosa has offered to extend. The current living place has people I've so enjoyed, and I am open continuing meeting wonderful people through where we live next. I'm also wide open for a cute dwelling that is beautiful, safe, and offers a good amount of privacy.

Please feel free to deposit your affirmations to this bank through your comments! Even if you see things differently than I do or have different approaches, your input is welcome!

No comments: